List:       pdf-devel
Subject:    Re: [pdf-devel] Warnings in pdf-list module
From:       jemarch () gnu ! org
Date:       2009-05-13 17:52:54

   I get warnings from gcc 4.3.2 when compile a module which require the
   pdf-list module. The errors are related to C99 and they are of the
   kind:

   In file included from ./base/pdf-hash.h:30,
                    from ./base/pdf-stm.h:54,
                    from base/pdf-stm.c:31:
   ./base/pdf-list.h: In function 'pdf_list_new':
   ./base/pdf-list.h:198: warning: 'gl_list_create_empty_inline' is static but used \
in inline function 'pdf_list_new' which is not static

   There are warnings for each gnulib routine. Since gnulib functions are
   static inline, we could use static inlining indeed of extern inlining
   too, or non-inlining to fix it, I think.

I can reproduce it with gcc 4.3. The new fix to support the c99
inline semantics is not working properly. I opened a task to fix this
problem:

http://gnupdf.org/flyspray/index.php?do=details&task_id=99

--
Jose E. Marchesi