List:       pdf-devel
Subject:    Re: [pdf-devel] Examples for the crypt module API
From:       jemarch () gnu ! org
Date:       2008-10-07 18:18:11

Hello David.

   I have written some examples for crypt module API.

Many thanks. Applied in the trunk.

   jemarch, I could take a simple task, any suggestion?

Both tasks #72 and #73 are NEXT and currently orphaned.

#73 DCT Filters Implementation

  To write the DCT filters (encoder and decoder) would be a good idea
  to use the libjpeg library.

#72 JPX Filters Implementation

  To write the JPX (JPEG 2000) filters we seems to have two different
  alternatives:

  1. To use the jasper library.
  2. To use the openjpeg2000 library.

  AFAIK the jasper library is more mature. If you take this task
  please take into consideration the licensing issue: any external
  code you use should be licensed under a license compatible with
  GPLv3. If in doubt please ask in the list.