List:       pcc-list
Subject:    Re: [Pcc] compiler error: cannot color graph - COLORMAP() bug?
From:       Steffen Nurpmeso <steffen () sdaoden ! eu>
Date:       2017-10-05 21:32:21

Cág <ca6c@bitmessage.ch> wrote:
 |> For tcc i came up with a too-simple patch which works except for
 |> all .data symbols defined in the executable file (.rodata ok, .bss
 |> not tried), accessing these results in a crash.  I paste it here
 |> for completeness, though of course that is ridiculous.
 |
 |Is tcc still alive though? I thought the development stagnated completely.
 |Last time I tried it static linking didn't work; it couldn't compile
 |something small.

Really?  Oh i am happy to have it, it is the key to my RAD (haha).
You have to use the mob branch, that is by all means active, and
whenever i have found bugs they have been fixed very fast.  I have
posted a recipe to alpine-aports@ last week, and i can compile the
MUA i maintain and pcc, and also bmake (with a problem, not yet
looked).  Of course it is non-optimizing, and i do not use it for
things i install long-term or anything such.  But it really is
very fast and that is of tremendous help for my chaotic style of
developing, even more so on my slow box with little memory.
Pcc is a fully blown thing instead!  Good to have it!

--steffen