List:       pcc-list
Subject:    Re: [Pcc] i386 instruction set?
From:       u-lxna () aetey ! se
Date:       2014-11-15 13:59:04

On Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 08:38:09PM +0100, u-lxna@aetey.se wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 08:13:44PM +0100, Anders Magnusson wrote:
> > u-lxna@aetey.se skrev den 2014-11-12 09:16:
> > >Holding my breath.
> > >
> > Added!
> >
> > You will get it if you specify -march=i386 (or i486 or i586) to pcc.

> I'll test tomorrow.

I can confirm that Pentium MMX looks happy with a binary compiled
with -march=i486.

Too bad, I did not have time to test anything with qemu nor have any
486-or-lower-hardware at hand.

i486 remains relevant despite its age, if not otherwise because
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X86)
"The 80486 processor has been on the market for more than 20 years
and so cannot be subject to patent claims. The pre-586 subset of the
x86 architecture is therefore fully open."

Thanks for your work Anders (and others)!

Rune