List:       pcc-list
Subject:    [Pcc] OT (was:  runtime choice of the dynamic loader)
From:       u-bzb9 () aetey ! se
Date:       2014-08-29 10:14:38

On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 09:21:28AM +0000, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> u-bzb9@aetey.se dixit:
>
> >Feel free to call every toolchain a "platform", but actually it is
> >desirable and very much possible (talking about C) to mix object and
> >executable files prepared by different tools. I usually associate
>
> You cannot mix object files from different C libraries. The dynamic
> linker is normally part of the libc package so…

To avoid misunderstanding (I didn't expect it but apparently I was
not clear enough)

The expression "different tools" above refers to various implementations
of macroprocessors, compilers, optimizers, assemblers, linkers and
similar.

It does not denote libraries and interfaces (these also can happen to
be compatible with each other, like musl and a subset of glibc, but this
is not what I had in mind).

Rune