List:       pcc-list
Subject:    Re: [Pcc] pcc fixes for gcc -Wunused-but-set-variable and Solaris 11
From:       Iain Hibbert <plunky () ogmig ! net>
Date:       2014-04-09 10:48:22

On Sat, 11 Aug 2012, <olga.kryzhanovska@gmail.com> wrote:

> Anders, attached is a set of patches which fixes build failures in cvs
> with gcc -Wunused-but-set-variable on Suse 12.1 and a small patch from
> Roland Mainz which fixes a Solaris 11 issue.

I have fixed the unused-but-set-variable issues raised by gcc4.8

# fix for Solaris 11
-#define	DYNLINKER { "-Bdynamic", "/usr/lib/ld.so", NULL }
+#define	DYNLINKER { "-Bdynamic", "/usr/lib/ld.so.1", NULL }

..will this cause any problems for earlier Solaris, should it be version
dependent?

also, the two hunks inserting definitions for _SVID_SOURCE, I think that
if required, these should probably be added to the compile flags by the
configure script, no?  At least, they are not required on my system..

iain