List:       pcc-list
Subject:    Re: rev 1.241 of mip/reader.c causes havoc with f77
From:       Steve Kargl <sgk () troutmask ! apl ! washington ! edu>
Date:       2008-12-25 17:25:59

On Thu, Dec 25, 2008 at 02:05:29PM +0100, Anders Magnusson wrote:
> Steve Kargl wrote:
> > Andres,
> >
> > Revision 1.241 appears to be causing numerous regressions with the
> > f77 frontend.  Anything with a few labels dies. :(
> >
> > REMOVE:kargl[149] ~/work/bin/f77 -c b.f
> > b.f:
> >    dsjn:
> > (null), line 22: compiler error: label 32 outside boundaries 10-32
> > Error.  No assembly.
>
> it's a sanity check I added.  The internal label used inside a function
> must be "lowest <= label < highest".  These two are the ip_lbl elements
> used in IP_PROLOG and IP_EPILOG.  The problem here is probably that another
> label is gotten after the epilog field id set.
>
> If nothing else, I can look at this after christmas, currently the network
> connection is sporadic.

OK, I suppose that your sanity checking has probably exposed a latent
bug in the fortran frontend.  If you could take a quick peek, I'd
appreciate it.  I do realize that other parts of pcc are more important,
so if the fix looks time consuming I have no problems with you
putting this off until a later time.

--
Steve