List:       pcc-list
Subject:    Re: portability changes to mkext.c
From:       Thorsten Glaser <tg () mirbsd ! de>
Date:       2008-05-06 12:20:56

Gregory McGarry dixit:

> The %tz format string is ANSI C and is a format specifier for ptrdiff_t.

%td, where 't' is the modifier. And %tu is for intptr_t.

> The PRIxPTR macros are POSIX and operate of intptr_t.

intptr_t is unsigned, ptrdiff_t is unsigned, they have the same width.

> In the end, nothing worked consistently on OS X, win32 and 64-bit build hosts.

Heh okay, I know that pain.

> I would like to eliminate the autoconf maginc, but the pragmatic decision was
> to get something working, since this problem was hurting some people building
> cross-compilers.

Hmm. And what about casting? PRIxPTR is "tx" here, which would be fine for
outputting values cast to (intptr_t)…

bye,
//mirabilos
--
  "Using Lynx is like wearing a really good pair of shades: cuts out
   the glare and harmful UV (ultra-vanity), and you feel so-o-o COOL."