List:       pcc-list
Subject:    Re: TLS support
From:       Anders Magnusson <ragge () ludd ! ltu ! se>
Date:       2008-02-10 10:14:02

Good morning!

> Anders Magnusson wrote:
> > Good.  I took the freedom and moved the last stuff MD, hope you don't
> > mind.  I have attached
> > a diff of how I would use it for now.  Are you happy with this?  Then
> > I'll apply it.
>
> Well, I don't like the #ifdef and MD-only thing, but I guess you know
> better how to integrate new features into pcc.  Go ahead!

I think we start in this end, it's simple to change stuff in the future
if we feel for it :-)

> Of course it would be good if somebody would pick up the ball and
> implement TLS support for other architectures.

Agreed, it's always fun with people hacking on the compiler.

Anyway, many thanks for your work, I checked in your code.

I've added gcc compatibility for __thread so if the compiler is compiled
with -DGCC_COMPAT (it usually is) then it should "just work" :-)

-- Ragge