List:       pcc-list
Subject:    Re: make only builds pcc
From:       "Jeremy C. Reed" <reed () reedmedia ! net>
Date:       2008-02-07 17:22:20

On Thu, 7 Feb 2008, Allan Wind wrote:

> > Sometimes when I do a make, it stops after building pcc. I run "make" a
> > second time and then builds cpp and ccom.
>
> What is the last thing displayed?

cc -O2  -DLIBEXECDIR=\"/home/reed/pkg/libexec\"
-DINCLUDEDIR=\"/home/reed/pkg/include\" -Wl,-R/home/reed/pkg/lib cc.o
compat.o -o pcc

and when installing:

/usr/bin/install -c -s -o reed -g 2022 -m 755 cpp /home/reed/pkg/libexec
install: cpp: No such file or directory
*** Error code 71

>  Not sure what make pcc you use, but I found GNU's make with the -d
> option very useful when troubleshooting build problems (-p to dump the
> dependency database can be very useful as well).

I was using NetBSD's bmake.

Funny thing is that I can't reproduce it on demand. It happened to me
twice just now on two different systems (NetBSD and DragonFly). And then I
tried to reproduce it five times in a row (removing all source and
starting from untarring each time) with different make commands and it
didn't happen.

  Jeremy C. Reed