List:       patchmanagement
Subject:    RE:[patchmanagement] Windows 2012 R2 Long Reboot Time
From:       Simon Daniel <simon () beva ! co ! nz>
Date:       2017-05-25 21:26:22

In my case I experienced the 70 minute Windows update install/reboot process (for the \
April 2017 cumulative update) on a Windows 2016 VM running on a Windows 2016 Hyper-V \
server. The time was split about evenly between where it sits on the blue screen \
installing the update prior to rebooting, then sits on another blue screen doing \
further update processing post-reboot.

On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 11:48 AM Heaton, Joseph@Wildlife < \
Joseph.Heaton@wildlife.ca.gov> wrote:

> Just patched my 2016 template machine, and it is sitting at the
> Getting Windows ready Don’t turn off your computer green screen.  It
> is a VMWare client, we are running 5.5, not sure what update level, but I think 3.

---
PatchManagement.org is hosted by Shavlik

The content on the email list is intended for assisting administrators.  If you would \
like to use any of this content in a blog or media publication, please contact the \
owners of the list for approval.

If you are unable to unsubscribe via this email address, please email
owner-patchmanagement@patchmanagement.org