List:       patchmanagement
Subject:    RE: [patchmanagement] Error when attempting to change password: "The security database on the server
From:       Michael Wells <mikew () chalgraveitsolutions ! com>
Date:       2016-05-30 20:28:35

[Attachment #2 (text/plain)]

Hi Mike

From my experience both (although I'm not 100% about the last one)…

Mike.

From: Mike [mailto:craigslist4md@gmail.com]
Sent: 30 May 2016 16:53
To: Patch Management Mailing List <patchmanagement@listserv.patchmanagement.org>
Subject: Re: [patchmanagement] Error when attempting to change password: "The \
security database on the server does not have a computer account for this workstation \
trust relationship."

All four of those updates must be removed if someone has the problem?
Are they to be removed from the client, the server, or both?

On Mon, May 30, 2016 at 10:05 AM, Michael Wells \
<mikew@chalgraveitsolutions.com<mailto:mikew@chalgraveitsolutions.com>> wrote: SR \
116052714221201 is open for this case. MS confirmed that this is a known issue (as \
per an internal document dated 2nd May 2016) which he was unable to share with me - \
he confirmed verbally that the current workaround is to remove the updates (and he \
will confirm via email later):

KB3146706, KB3149090, KB3147071 & KB3153171

This case is currently with the Global Escalation Team who are collecting data \
(still!) - and he informed me that it is unlikely that this would be corrected \
anytime soon.

I hope that this is useful.

Mike.