List:       patchmanagement
Subject:    Re: 'Preparing to configure windows'
From:       Andy McKnight <andy.mcknight () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-09-21 16:20:35

I can echo this one, similar problem and similar solution with a single 2008
server this week.

Andy.

--
key id: 0x6A8BAF97
fingerprint: 0AF9 F0A4 52D2 9775 F996  2027 41AD C31B 6A8B AF97

---
When posting or replying to messages on this list, please send all
emails in plain text format.  HTML formatted messages will not be accepted.

PatchManagement.org is hosted by Shavlik Technologies

If you are unable to unsubscribe via this email address, please email
owner-patchmanagement@patchmanagement.org
[Attachment #3 (text/html)]

I can echo this one, similar problem and similar solution with a single 2008 server \
class="gmail_quote">On 21 September 2011 17:12, Jeremy Mello <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a \
href="mailto:Jeremy.Mello@fresno.gov">Jeremy.Mello@fresno.gov</a>&gt;</span> \
wrote:<br> <blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px \
#ccc solid;padding-left:1ex;">I was able to just boot into safe mode and the system \
rolled back the updates.  I then rebooted normally and reinstalled... But that was \
just one case.<br>

Thanks<br>
-----Original Message-----<br>
Has anyone experienced an issue after installing updates and then being stuck on \
&#39;Preparing to configure windows&#39; for more than a couple of hours.<br> <br>
The following updates were installed:<br>
KB2556532<br>
KB2616676<br>
KB2570947<br>
KB2570791<br>
KB890830<br>
I am able to connect to Event Log / Services remotely. Windows Update/BITS services \
are not running (kinda odd).<br> <br>
I am able to connect to local drives, disk lights are flashing. No event log entries \
for updates installed.<br> <br>
JAKE TAME<br>
IS Systems Operator<br>
Sussex Police ? Serving Sussex<br>
We want to know your views ? see what?s new and give us your feedback and suggestions \
at <a href="http://www.sussex.police.uk" target="_blank">www.sussex.police.uk</a> If \
you have received this message in error, please contact the sender as soon as \
possible ? you may not copy it, or make use of any information contained in it for \
any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person. Messages sent and received \
by Sussex Police are not private and may be the subject of monitoring.<br>

---<br>
When posting or replying to messages on this list, please send all emails in plain \
text format.  HTML formatted messages will not be accepted.<br> <br>
PatchManagement.org is hosted by Shavlik Technologies<br>
href="mailto:leave-patchmanagement@patchmanagement.org">leave-patchmanagement@patchmanagement.org</a><br>
 If you are unable to unsubscribe via this email address, please email <a \
href="mailto:owner-patchmanagement@patchmanagement.org">owner-patchmanagement@patchmanagement.org</a><br>
---<br>
When posting or replying to messages on this list, please send all<br>
emails in plain text format.  HTML formatted messages will not be accepted.<br>
PatchManagement.org is hosted by Shavlik Technologies<br>
href="mailto:leave-patchmanagement@patchmanagement.org">leave-patchmanagement@patchmanagement.org</a><br>
 If you are unable to unsubscribe via this email address, please email<br>