List:       patchmanagement
Subject:    Cookiejacking Exploit Threatens Facebook Accounts:
From:       Susan Bradley <sbradcpa () pacbell ! net>
Date:       2011-05-28 5:42:23

Cookiejacking Exploit Threatens Facebook Accounts:
https://www.infosecisland.com/blogview/14015-Cookiejacking-Exploit-Threatens-Facebook-Accounts.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=cybfor&utm_source=%40cybfor

"

Valotta notified Microsoft representatives of the vulnerability back in
January, and the company is planning on issuing a fix to mitigate the
flaw ready for release with other scheduled patches in June and August.

/"We are aware of an issue that could enable theft of a user's cookies
if they were convinced to visit a malicious website and once there,
further convinced to click and drag items around on the page. Given the
level of required user interaction, this issue is not one we consider
high risk in the way a remote code execution would possibly be to
users,"/ Microsoft spokesman Pete Voss said in a statement"

---
When posting or replying to messages on this list, please send all
emails in plain text format.  HTML formatted messages will not be accepted.

PatchManagement.org is hosted by Shavlik Technologies

If you are unable to unsubscribe via this email address, please email
owner-patchmanagement@patchmanagement.org