List:       patchmanagement
Subject:    Re: What was that website?
From:       charlie galliher <charliegalliher () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-05-17 23:51:13

Ninite looks interesting - I went to test it on 11.04 Ubuntu, and here's
what I got from software center when attempting the install:

The installation of a package which violates the quality standards isn't
allowed. This could cause serious problems on your computer. Please contact
the person or organisation who provided this package file and include the
details beneath.

Lintian check results for /home/blahblah/Downloads/ninite (1).deb:
E: Ninite: control-file-has-bad-owner postinst nobody/nogroup != root/root
E: Ninite: package-not-lowercase
E: Ninite: dir-or-file-in-tmp tmp/ninite/
E: Ninite: dir-or-file-in-tmp tmp/ninite/motd
E: Ninite: dir-or-file-in-tmp tmp/ninite/ninite.sh
E: Ninite: dir-or-file-in-tmp tmp/ninite/report.py

I'm not so concerned about getting it up and running in a linux environment
- but has anyone got this up and running in a production environment with
Macs?

Let me know -

Thanks

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 1:58 PM, McArdle, Tom <Tom.McArdle@titusville.com>wrote:

>  http://ninite.com/
>

> Tom McArdle II
> Lead Network Analyst
> City of Titusville
> 555 S. Washington Av
> Titusville, FL 32780

[Attachment #3 (text/html)]

Ninite looks interesting - I went to test it on 11.04 Ubuntu, and here&#39;s what I \
installation of a package which violates the quality standards isn&#39;t allowed. \
This could cause serious problems on your computer. Please contact the person or \
organisation who provided this package file and include the details beneath.</div>

(1).deb:</div><div>E: Ninite: control-file-has-bad-owner postinst nobody/nogroup != \

dir-or-file-in-tmp tmp/ninite/motd</div><div>E: Ninite: dir-or-file-in-tmp \
tmp/ninite/ninite.sh</div><div>E: Ninite: dir-or-file-in-tmp \
tmp/ninite/report.py</div>

linux environment - but has anyone got this up and running in a production \

1:58 PM, McArdle, Tom <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a \
href="mailto:Tom.McArdle@titusville.com">Tom.McArdle@titusville.com</a>&gt;</span> \
wrote:<br>

solid;padding-left:1ex;"><br>  <a href="http://ninite.com/" \
Tom McArdle II<br>