List:       patchmanagement
Subject:    MS09-040 KB971032 required on servers that do not have Message Queuing enabled
From:       "Field, George" <George.Field () icbc ! com>
Date:       2009-09-14 19:12:27

I'm wondering if anyone has come across this:

Our Windows servers (2000 and 2003) all required the August 2009
security update MS09-040 KB971032 (Vulnerability in Message Queuing
Could Allow Elevation of Privilege), although none of our servers has
the Message Queuing service enabled or turned on. Does anyone know why
this is so, and which files that Message Queuing uses? The bulletin that
Microsoft publishes for this update does not list affected files.

Any thoughts would be appreciated,

Thanks,

George Field
ICBC ISD
This email and any attachments are intended only for the named
recipient and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Any unauthorized copying, dissemination or other use by a person
other than the named recipient of this communication is prohibited.
 If you received this in error or are not named as a recipient,
please notify the sender and destroy all copies of this email
immediately.

---
When posting or replying to messages on this list, please send all
emails in plain text format.  HTML formatted messages will not be accepted.

PatchManagement.org is hosted by Shavlik Technologies

If you are unable to unsubscribe via this email address, please email
owner-patchmanagement@patchmanagement.org