List:       patchmanagement
Subject:    Re: April MSRT Tool Patch
From:       Brent Gardner <brent.gardner () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-04-28 19:08:45

Bryan Jacobs wrote:
> List,
>
> Anyone else thats pushing out the MSRT tool (April - Malicious Software
> Removal Tool) notice that their GPO's get modified?  I noticed that the
> following two items under the "user rights assignments" get modified.
>
> 1. Debug Programs
> 2. Shut down the system
>
> It seems whoever installed the patch will be added to this role.  At
> least in my tests this includes the "local system".  Anyone else seeing
> the same activity?
>
> My GPO before the update was:
>
> 1. Debug Programs  "had no members - was blank"
> 2. Shutdown the system  "administrators"
>
> After the MSRT April patch:
>
> 1. Debug Programs  "user_who_installed_the_patch"
> 2. Shutdown the system  "administrators, user_who_installed_the_patch"
>
> Note:  If the patch was auto installed the "local system" would be
> added.

That only applies to policy on the local machine, right?  Surely,
applying the patch on a workstation won't change domain policies
domain-wide.  Does the local policy get overwritten again after reboot?

How does it look in rsop.msc?

Brent Gardner

---
When posting or replying to messages on this list, please send all
emails in plain text format.  HTML formatted messages will not be accepted.

PatchManagement.org is hosted by Shavlik Technologies

If you are unable to unsubscribe via this email address, please email
owner-patchmanagement@patchmanagement.org