List:       patchmanagement
Subject:    Must read blogs this month (so far)
From:       Susan Bradley <sbradcpa () pacbell ! net>
Date:       2009-04-14 17:22:30

The Microsoft Security Response Center (MSRC) : Security Bulletin
Overview Video – April 2009:
http://blogs.technet.com/msrc/archive/2009/04/14/security-bulletin-overview-video-april-2009.aspx

Hi Everyone,

Jerry Bryant again. Here is the overview video for the April 2009
bulletins. Please join us tomorrow at 11:00 am PDT (UTC –7) for our
bulletin webcast
<http://msevents.microsoft.com/CUI/WebCastEventDetails.aspx?EventID=1032395126>
where we will cover this months updates in more detail and try to answer
all of your bulletin related questions.

Security Research & Defense : Prioritizing the deployment of the April
security bulletins:
http://blogs.technet.com/srd/archive/2009/04/14/prioritizing-the-deployment-of-the-april-security-bulletins.aspx

We just released eight security bulletins
<http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms09-apr.mspx>, five
of which are rated Critical on at least one platform. We built a
reference table of bulletin severity rating, exploitability index rating
<http://wwwppe/technet/security/bulletin/ms09-apr.mspx#EFC>, and attack
vectors. This table is sorted first by bulletin severity, next by
exploitability index rating, and then by bulletin number. We hope it
helps you choose an order of bulletins to start your prioritization and
testing if you can’t deploy them all out immediately.

---
When posting or replying to messages on this list, please send all
emails in plain text format.  HTML formatted messages will not be accepted.

PatchManagement.org is hosted by Shavlik Technologies

If you are unable to unsubscribe via this email address, please email
owner-patchmanagement@patchmanagement.org