List:       patchmanagement
Subject:    RE: Patch Mgmt Admin states WSUS and GPO cannot stop our servers from rebooting if they are on the l
From:       "Quark IT - Hilton Travis" <Hilton () QuarkIT ! com ! au>
Date:       2008-11-07 3:13:13

Hi Rob,

In a great many cases, delaying reboots after a patching process results
in stopped, failed and otherwise malfunctioning OS components that you
really don't want to have to make the users endure.  Test, patch,
reboot, confirm - with as little time between "patch" and "reboot" as
possible.

--

http://blog.hiltontravis.com/

Regards,

Hilton Travis                       Phone: +61 (0)7 3105 9101
(Brisbane, Australia)               Phone: +61 (0)419 792 394
Manager, Quark IT                   http://www.quarkit.com.au
         Quark Group                http://www.quarkgroup.com.au

     Microsoft SBSC PAL (Australia) http://www.sbscpal.com/

                    Quark Group Pty. Ltd.
      T/A Quark Automation, Quark AudioVisual, Quark IT

---
When posting or replying to messages on this list, please send all
emails in plain text format.  HTML formatted messages will not be accepted.

PatchManagement.org is hosted by Shavlik Technologies

If you are unable to unsubscribe via this email address, please email
owner-patchmanagement@patchmanagement.org