List:       patchmanagement
Subject:    Server Core 2008 and KB953631
From:       "Bova, William J" <wbova () austin ! utexas ! edu>
Date:       2008-09-25 14:34:33

Greetings,

We have a few Server Core 2008 systems running here, and all of them are
reporting event 18/19 on a daily basis related to KB953631.  Per the system
log, the patch is successfully installed (event ID 19), and then the very
next event (18) indicates the update has been downloaded and is ready for
installation.

On one of the systems in question, I manually applied the patch.  It still
reports the same events daily.

Updates are obtained via WSUS, and this particular one has been approved.
One of the Server Core systems even reports to WSUS that the patch has been
installed (even though events 18, 19 are in the logs every day).

Has anyone seen this?

Bill

William Bova | ITS - UT Austin
wbova@austin.utexas.edu

["smime.p7s" (application/x-pkcs7-signature)]