List:       patchmanagement
Subject:    KB938127 V2 released for IE7 on XP SP3
From:       Emin <emin.atac () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-08-29 12:15:43

Hello,

If you deploy first XP SP3 and then IE7, you need to apply the V2 of
KB938127  (MS07-050 - Critical Vulnerability in Vector Markup Language
Could Allow Remote Code Execution)

MS says in MS07-050:
"V2.0 (August 26, 2008): Bulletin revised to include Internet Explorer
7 for Windows XP Service Pack 3."

Actually, I'll upgrade your vgx.dll version of IE7 RTM to
7.0.6000.20628 (the same version released in August 2007) in the above
scenario.
There are very minor changes to binaries and it's the first patch I
see with a SP2GDR and SP2QFE branch that apply to XP SP3. I wonder why
there isn't a SP3QFE and SP3GDR branch...

---
When posting or replying to messages on this list, please send all
emails in plain text format.  HTML formatted messages will not be accepted.

PatchManagement.org is hosted by Shavlik Technologies

If you are unable to unsubscribe via this email address, please email
owner-patchmanagement@patchmanagement.org