List:       patchmanagement
Subject:    Re: Questions about industry compliance standard for patching distribution
From:       "Michael Givens" <mikegivens () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-05-08 14:27:54

This really depends on the risk of the asset and the information that is
contained on that asset.

Risk = What security controls are installed on the end point, (other then AV
and the required patches) and what information is contained within the asset
and is it a remote client like laptop?

(controls [x] data classification [x] asset value) should give you an
acceptable patch and AV definition schedule for your industry.

Mike