List:       patchmanagement
Subject:    RE: Release notes on Antispyware - heads up for SMS folks
From:       "Long, David A." <along () systemsmith ! com>
Date:       2005-01-18 19:38:12

"For the record Office can install and run in user mode.", Then you
haven't been "using" Office, try this:

On a new machine run Outlook 2003, go through the new email account
wizard and try an configure an Exchange account without Administrator
rights. You will get a PST file that downloads and deletes all email in
the user's mailbox! Now if the user accesses their mailbox from another
machine or OWA, it seems that they have lost all of their email. Until
they explain what machine they configured the new profile on and someone
can access the PST file to export their email back into the mailbox.

How is that for user friendly and running in user mode?

Not to mention that the user mode access cannot update Office or install
any "advertised" features.

Andy Long