List:       patchmanagement
Subject:    Re: Rogue devices on network
From:       Rob Bergin <rbergin () gmail ! com>
Date:       2004-11-24 17:41:01

Hi John,

Cisco's CSA is a great potential solution unfortunately it tends to be
oriented toward Cisco technology (supplicant, authenticators and
authentication server).

802.1x was written so that it should be vendor independent - use it
with Nortel/Cisco/Enterasys and all compliant clients (Linux,
Microsoft, Macintosh, etc).

But keep your eyes on Cisco's CSA and Enterasys's Trusted stuff -
thats going to the wave of the future for device access methods and
for controlling what's on the devices.

Thanks,

Rob