List:       paraview
Subject:    Re: [Paraview] OSPray rendering
From:       David E DeMarle <dave.demarle () kitware ! com>
Date:       2018-08-20 17:27:09

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

On Mon, Aug 20, 2018 at 12:03 PM GeorgeP S <salachoris1@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> i am encountering a small problem mostly due to my little experience with
> OSPray rendering. I want to give a "material" to my model but i don't want
> to do it with the pathtracer renderer i want to do it with scivis, is it
> possible ?

At the moment, materials are only available in pathtracer.

> Also is it possible to select some components of my model and have them
> rendered in a material and the rest with other materials , how can i do
> that?

Besides thresholding into different sourceproxies each of which could have
its own material, a cell aligned array can select a material for each cell
within a single sourceproxy.

To do so:
Use an indexed color table (Color Map Editor -> Interpret Values As
Categories).
Set material names via Annotations in the color map editor.
Switch the material type to "Value Indexed".

Attached is a state file to demonstrate.