List:       paraview
Subject:    [Paraview]  Problem of Block Selection
From:       Richard GRENON <richard.grenon () onera ! fr>
Date:       2013-06-20 11:04:31

Hello.

Many thanks to Karl K=F6nig for his info on the bug about "Show Frustum" =

in the Selectio inspector.

But I have another problem related to Selection with a Frustum in =

Paraview: I have a complex multi-block surface geometry and I want to =

select all blocks inside or intersecting the rubberband frame drawn when =

I drag the mouse.

I am using the "Select blocks" mode, but the problem is that I get only =

the VISIBLE blocks!  And it is not always possible to get a point of =

view where all searched blocks are visible.

Then I have to search for the missing blocks in the Selection inspector: =

I check each block one by one to highlight it and see if it is a missing =

block. This is a rather long task if there are many blocks ( > 300) and =

if the missing blocks are very small.

So my question is : is there a method to get all blocks in the selection =

like cells inside a Frustum in the "Select cells through" mode ? If not, =

it would be nice to have such a "Select blocks through" mode in a next =

release.

Richard.

-- =

  Richard GRENON
  ONERA
  Departement d'Aerodynamique Appliquee - DAAP/ACI
  8 rue des Vertugadins
  92190 MEUDON - FRANCE
  phone : +33 1 46 73 42 17
  fax   : +33 1 46 73 41 46