List:       paraview
Subject:    [Paraview] time data in imported Tecplot file
From:       Clayton Hiles <cehiles () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-05-31 4:26:03

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hello,

I am new to Paraview, I have previously used Tecplot during my grad
studies.  I am using Paraview 3.14.1 64 bit on Linux Mint 13.  I am loading
a Tecplot binary (*.plt) file. The file is a 2D triangular mesh with a
number of time dependant variables (results from an oceanographic
circulation model).  As long as data data sharing linkage is not enabled
the file seems to load without problems.

My issue is that Paraview does not seem to associate a time with each of
the zones in the Tecplot data file.  The file loads as a multi-block data
file, I can examine each of the blocks using the 'extract block' filter,
but, I can't animate through the data as a time series.

How can I either: load the Tecplot file so that each zone is associated
with a time-step, or convert a multi-block data-set to that it is
interpreted by Paraview as a time-series?

Many Thanks,

Clayton