List:       paraview
Subject:    Re: [Paraview] CUDA module in ParaView
From:       Burlen Loring <bloring () lbl ! gov>
Date:       2012-05-29 17:55:40

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi John,

Yes, I have a filter that uses cuda. I'm in progress of adding streaming
capability to support larger datasets, and I'd have to roll back my
current checkout to share with you which I haven't had time to do yet.
My experience was similar to Dave's. It's very easy to use cuda from
with PV, more challenging to use it well. I think you'll have no problem
even without an example to work from.

Burlen

On 05/25/2012 03:06 AM, Biddiscombe, John A. wrote:
> Thanks David. I'll give it a try. it's a project that's being squeezed in between \
> other stuff so takes low(ish) priority.
> Incidentally, I noticed Burlen had some CUDA related stuff in SQtoolkit that I \
> found when googling. I will check that for hints. (I would like to add support for \
> the CUDA version of the splotch mapper I've been helping out with, pic attached cos \
> it looks nice)
> JB

[Attachment #5 (text/html)]

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
    Hi John,<br>
    Yes, I have a filter that uses cuda. I'm in progress of adding
    streaming capability to support larger datasets, and I'd have to
    roll back my current checkout to share with you which I haven't had
    time to do yet. My experience was similar to Dave's. It's very easy
    to use cuda from with PV, more challenging to use it well. I think
    you'll have no problem even without an example to work from.<br>
    Burlen<br>
      <pre wrap="">Thanks David. I'll give it a try. it's a project that's being \
[...]

R&amp;D Engineer
21 Corporate Drive
Clifton Park, NY 12065-8662
Phone: 518-881-4909

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 5:32 AM, Biddiscombe, John A. <a \
class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" \
href="mailto:biddisco@cscs.ch">&lt;biddisco@cscs.ch&gt;</a> wrote: </pre>
        <pre wrap="">Has anyone out there used any filters/mappers that make use of \
CUDA in paraview, If so are there examples I can look at to get an idea of how to \
integrate some CUDA rendering into a paraview plugin. It doesn't actually have to be \
rendering as such as my current version just renders using software into a standard \
memory buffer and then copies that into OpenGL prior to letting paraview composite \
everything. It's mostly the setup/compilation etc that I haven't tried with CUDA and \
would like to experiment.

thanks

JB

--
John Biddiscombe,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nb \
sp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;email:biddisco \