List:       paraview
Subject:    RE: [Paraview] Debugger for Paraview 2.4
From:       "Moreland, Kenneth" <kmorel () sandia ! gov>
Date:       2007-04-18 17:36:58

I almost always compile ParaView with shared libs and often load ParaView in a \
debugger.  I've never had a problem with seeing the debug information in the shared \
objects.  I've done this on several systems (Linux, Mac, and Windows) and with \
several different types of debuggers (gdb, idb, TotalView, MSVC).

Could it be possible you are connecting to the wrong shared libraries?  That's not \
likely unless you have turned of rpath in CMake, but I would check with ldd \
nevertheless.

Could it be possible you are looking for symbols with your debugger before the shared \
libraries are loaded?  Try letting ParaView run to where it waits for user input and \
then break and check again.

-Ken