List:       paraview
Subject:    [Paraview] Tcl/Tk compile problem with IRIX64
From:       "Karelitz, David B" <dbkarel () sandia ! gov>
Date:       2004-06-07 21:17:23

Hi,

I'm trying to compile ParaView on a 64-bit SGI, and I'm running into
problems with the Tcl/Tk libraries. When I try to build ParaView, I get the
following error:

ld64: FATAL   12 : Expecting 64-bit objects:
/Build/Utilities/TclTk/tcl8.4.5/unix/libtcl8.4.a is 32-bit.

I have BUILD_SHARED_LIBS turned on, am using cc and CC as compilers, and am
passing the -64 option for 64 bit compiling to the compiler and linker. It
seems like I need to pass a 64 bit flag to the Tcl configure scripts, but I
couldn't find anything in the cmake configuration about that.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks,
Dave Karelitz