List:       pamldap
Subject:    RE: [pamldap] multiple gidnumbers
From:       "Jennifer L. Hamilton" <jhamilto () n2h2 ! com>
Date:       2001-08-24 19:57:48

Ok, I now have two groups, cvs-snoc and cvs-ops.
cvs-snoc and jhamilto are members of cvs-ops
user2 (memberuid 1186) is a member of cvs-snoc.

Here are the ldif's as they look now:

dn: cn=cvs-ops,ou=CVS Groups,o=n2h2.com
cn: cvs-ops
uniquemember: cn=cvs-snoc,ou=CVS Groups,o=n2h2.com
uniquemember: uid=jhamilto,ou=people,o=n2h2.com
gidnumber: 2001
objectclass: posixgroup
objectclass: groupOfUniqueNames

dn: cn=cvs-snoc,ou=CVS Groups,o=n2h2.com
objectclass: top
objectclass: groupofuniquenames
objectclass: posixgroup
cn: cvs-snoc
gidnumber: 3001
memberuid: 1186 <-- This is another user's uidnumber

Now that I have the ldif's set up (correctly, I
hope), what configs do I need on the client side?

Here is my /etc/ldap_pam.conf file:
# Your LDAP server.
host ldap.n2h2.com

# The distinguished name of the search base.
base ou=people,o=n2h2.com

# Use the V3 protocol to optimize searches
ldap_version 3

# NOTE: If you use these, be sure to chmod 600 this file
# for security reasons
#
# The distinguished name to bind to the server with.
# Optional: default is to bind anonymously.
#binddn cn=manager,dc=example,dc=net
#
# The credentials to bind with.
# Optional: default is no credential.
#bindpw secret
# Filter to AND with uid=%s
#pam_filter objectclass=account
pam_filter objectclass=posixaccount

# The user ID attribute (defaults to uid)
pam_login_attribute uid

# Search the root DSE for the password policy (works
# with Netscape Directory Server)
#pam_lookup_policy yes

# Group to enforce membership of

# Group member attribute
#pam_member_attribute uniquememberuid

# Hash password locally; required for University of
# Michigan LDAP server, and works with Netscape
# Directory Server if you're using the UNIX-Crypt
# hash mechanism and not using the NT Synchronization
# service.
pam_crypt local

Thanks for your help!

Jen