List:       pamldap
Subject:    [pamldap] login: pam_ldap: error trying to bind as user "uid=root, ou=People,o=Aranea,c=US" (Invalid
From:       Jose_Alberto_Patiņo <jalbertop () aranea ! com ! mx>
Date:       2001-08-09 18:26:12

Hi:

I used migration tools to migrate /etc/passwd accounts and /etc/shadow into
openldap.
(cause I want to authenticate accounts via pam_ldap)
But when I want to login  I see the message:

login: pam_ldap: error trying to bind as user "uid=root,
ou=People,o=Aranea,c=US" (Invalid credentials).

in /var/adm/messages

I expect that the password is in OpenLdap but the authentication is
missisng.

IN fact when I do a telnet I see:

$ telnet 0
Trying 0.0.0.0...
Connected to 0.
Escape character is '^]'.

SunOS 5.7

login:	root
password:	root
system password:	root

#

As you can see the password is root but in pam.conf I have the follow stack
configuration:

#
telnet  auth required   /usr/lib/security/pam_ldap.so
telnet  auth required   /usr/lib/security/pam_unix.so.1
#telnet auth required   /usr/lib/security/pam_dial_auth.so.1

in my openldap tree i have

userPassword={crypt}x
uidNumber=0
uid=root