List:       pamldap
Subject:    Re: [pamldap] pam_ldap: ldap_search_s Bad search filter
From:       Brian Nelson <bnelson () cis ! ysu ! edu>
Date:       2001-07-17 21:42:44

>I now see the following error when trying to upgrade to pam_ldap-120:
>
>pam_ldap: ldap_search_s Bad search filter
>
>I think the problem may have to do with the following configuration item
>in my ldap.conf:
>pam_filter &(host=*)(!(accountdisabled=1))

I just tried pam_ldap-120 today. I am getting the error stated above, but I
don't have _any_ filters defined. My ldap.conf is only thus:

host 127.0.0.1

base dc=my,dc=domain

pam_password clear

It appears to me that v120 is broken. As shown, my configuration is _very_ basic
and nothing seems to work. Just the 'search filter' errors on every call to the
module.

Reverting to pam_ldap-119 works fine.

iPlanet & SDK v5.0

-Brian