List:       pamldap
Subject:    [pamldap] never-ending story: pamldap+SSL on Solaris 8
From:       "Michael Burschik" <michael.burschik () postbank ! de>
Date:       2001-07-16 9:44:27

Having received helpful feedback from this list, I upgraded to pam_ldap-119 in order \
to avoid problems with failed calls to ldap_set_option. This step has brought me \
nearly to my goal. Authentication using pam_ldap now works (sometimes). However, \
there are still two remaining problems:

1. I still get errors connected to ldap_set_option(LDAP_OPT_X_TLS_CACERTFILE). I \
suspect that the certificate file is not used and that the client accepts data from \
the server anyway. I have not yet been able to figure out why the call fails. As \
before, nss_ldap-153 successfully accepts the server certificate.

2. For some obscure reason, applications like login and rlogin crash with the error \
message "load_modules: can not open module /usr/lib/security/pam_ldap.so.1" whenever \
the user exists locally, but not when the user exists only in LDAP. I assume this is \
some configuration problem, is it?

All comments welcome. Thanks for your help.

Regards

Michael Burschik