List:       pamldap
Subject:    Re: [pamldap] RE: [nssldap] pam_ldap and nss_ldap on solaris 7
From:       Peter Moody <peter.moody () lutris ! com>
Date:       2001-01-24 17:59:06

I'm going to say that it's a pam issue.
I had this happen to me before, and I forget the exact reason why.
I have found that the configuration of pam is very tricky and not
very well documented.  This is what I have for telnet in my
/etc/pam.conf (solaris 2.6,

# telnet
telnet auth     sufficient      /usr/lib/security/pam_ldap.so.1
telnet auth     required        /usr/lib/security/pam_unix.so.1 use_first_pass

I think you should probably check your login and other sections of
your pam.conf file too.

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/libs/pam/Linux-PAM-html/pam.html
is a good spot for information on setting up pam, specifically
the part about the configuration file (i know it says linux
config file, but I found I could use most of the information in
my setup as well).

good luck.

-Peter

--
Peter Moody          Systems Administrator
Lutris Technologies  peter.moody@lutris.com