List:       pamldap
Subject:    [pamldap] solaris 8, pam_ldap, ftp
From:       "Valko, Jack" <jack.valko () digeo ! com>
Date:       2000-05-11 21:55:38

Hello,

I'm trying to pam_ldap to authenticate FTP users to my Solaris 8 box.  I
compiled openldap with the BerekeyDB2, and then linked pam_ldap.  I
configured /etc/pam.conf to use the pam_ldap module for user auth on ftp and
I setup an /etc/ldap.conf file, but I am unable to login.  It appears that
the pam_ldap module isn't even trying to contact the ldap server, which
could mean it is segfaulting.  Nothing is being written to any logs.

Any ideas on how I can fix this??

Thanks,

Jack