List:       pamldap
Subject:    Re: [pamldap] Where to discuss pam_ccreds (and nss_updatedb) issues?
From:       Palko Jukka <jukka.palko () nokia ! com>
Date:       2004-12-14 6:37:11

On Mon, Nov 15, 2004 at 05:43:34PM +0200, ext Buchan Milne wrote:
> We are looking at using pam_ccreds and nss_updatedb to allow more
> extensive use of LDAP-based logins (ie to our laptop users), but I have
> encountered some issues (aka I think they are bugs) which preven us from
> doing it currently (although, to a limited extent, we are using it on a
> few test machines, including my laptop).

Same sort of situation with our systems, we would need to cache
credentials for laptop users in our (slightly appended) RHEL systems.
Additions include newer nss_ldap (220) and pam_ldap (169).

The base problem with using nss_updatedb is that it isn't smart to cache
all of the users in our network on every laptop. Basically those users
that utilize the system is enough for our purposes. Do you have
configuration suggestions to this?

I also read that pam_ccreds upcoming features include caching of home
directories, which would be better for us.

-Jukka

--
         Jukka Palko     jukka.palko@nokia.com
         Nokia-BI        jpalko@iki.fi