List:       pamldap
Subject:    Re: [pamldap] fedora core 1 / pam_groupdn / proper order in	pam	config
From:       Fran Fabrizio <fran () cis ! uab ! edu>
Date:       2004-07-06 15:55:23

Yeah - the silly thing is that if you have pam_ldap before pam_pwdb in
the pam.d setup and you log in with a local user, you do see the
friendly message from pam_ldap before pam_pwdb lets you in. Of course,
you don't really want to see it at that time, since it is a valid local
user who eventually gets let in.  So you see it when you don't need to,
and don't see it when you need to. :-)  I guess you'd need a "only
display this error message if all other modules on the auth stack also
fail" in this case.  But I suspect most people are like my setup and
want to check local users first, and then ldap.  It would be great if we
could get it working in that scenario.

-Fran

--
Fran Fabrizio