List:       pamldap
Subject:    [pamldap] problems compiling on Solaris 2.6 and 7
From:       Nick Couchman <nick () seakr ! com>
Date:       2003-05-19 20:45:01

  I'm trying to compile the pam_ldap module on Solaris 2.6 (the problems
are similar on Solaris 7).  Here's a rundown on what I have: Solaris 2.6
Server, no extra language discs or anything (I don't have them), GCC.  I
compiled OpenSSL as a shared library and put it in /usr/local.  I also
grabbed OpenLDAP and compiled that into /usr/local.  I can send the
details of those compiles if necessary.  Anyway, here's what I'm doing
on pam_ldap:

env CC=gcc LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib -R/usr/local/lib"
CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include" ./configure --enable-ssl

(Side Note - I had to go into the configure.in file and remove the two
lines that deal with the .deps directory.  I then do a manual mkdir
.deps before doing make.)

mkdir .deps
make

After I do the make, the first thing that comes up is a warning about
missing aclocal, automake, and autoconf, and M4.  Do I need these
packages?  The make fails with the following error:

/usr/ccs/bin/ld  -o pam_ldap.so  -B dynamic -M ./exports.solaris -G -B
group -lc pam_ldap.o md5.o  -lldap -llber -lnsl -lcrypt -lresolv -lpam -ldl
ld: fatal: library -lldap: not found
ld: fatal: library -llber: not found
ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to pam_ldap.so

I saw a suggestion to put the liblber* libldap* in /usr/lib, so I did a
soft link from /usr/local/lib/liblber* and libldap* to /usr/lib/.  I did
this, ran a make distclean, configured again, mkdir .deps, make, and
then it fails with the following error:

/usr/ccs/bin/ld  -o pam_ldap.so  -B dynamic -M ./exports.solaris -G -B
group -lc pam_ldap.o md5.o  -lldap -llber -lnsl -lcrypt -lresolv -lpam -ldl
__eprintf                           /usr/lib/libldap.so
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to pam_ldap.so

So what am I doing wrong?  Does anyone have any tips on fixing this?
 BTW - the reason I don't have /usr/local/ssl/lib or
/usr/local/ssl/include in any of my flags is that I configured SSL to go
into /usr/local and not /usr/local/ssl.  Also, when I do an "ldd" on any
of the libraries, everything resolves correctly (no missing files or
anything).  HELP!?

Thanks in advance,
Nick

--
You can't make a difference until you are willing to be different!