List:       pamldap
Subject:    [pamldap] Re: [nssldap] DB2 login on Solaris 8 using PAM?
From:       Luke Howard <lukeh () PADL ! COM>
Date:       2003-05-15 13:30:45

>  we are using DB2 on Solaris 8. DB2 user authentication uses the Solaris
>login facility.
>(As well Solaris groups are used in DB2.)
>
>Now we want to switch Solaris to use LDAP as the repository for users/groups
>via pam_ldap / nss_ldap.
>
>All UNIX related things are working - login (telnet, ssh etc.), group
>assignment, ...
>But: DB2 login from a DB2 client using a non-local user (means a user in the
>LDAP server) doesn't work.
>
>Questions:
>- Is this a known problem? (The same should apply with NIS instead of LDAP.)
>- Does the DB2 server use PAM - or is it using directly the /etc/passwd and
>  /etc/shadow via other interfaces?

I don't think DB2 supports PAM, but see:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=9fr14j%24evq%241%40newsmaster.cc.columbia.edu

If it doesn't, then (assuming it does support ordinary UNIX authentication),
you can use nss_ldap as long as it can read the crypt(3) userPasswords from
the directory.

-- Luke

--
Luke Howard | PADL Software Pty Ltd | www.padl.com