List:       pamldap
Subject:    [pamldap] Re: [nssldap] Bizarre problem on solaris 7 logging users out after 5 minutes
From:       Paul Hilchey <hilchey () ucs ! ubc ! ca>
Date:       2002-10-29 18:30:01

The problem is a result of dynamically loading threads libraries.  The
Solaris threads libraries (libthread and libpthread) are intended to be
loaded only at the start of execution.  If you dynamically load them,
the results are undefined.

The specific problem you have is a result of mixing the alarm(2)
implementation in libc with the one in libpthread.  They are not compatible.

--
Paul Hilchey
ITServices