List:       pam-smb
Subject:    Re: [Pam_smb] pam_smb authentication
From:       tazervas () earthlink ! net
Date:       2004-12-07 15:01:32

Yes, I use nolocal, similar to this:

auth        sufficient    /lib/security/$ISA/pam_unix.so
auth        sufficient    /lib/security/$ISA/pam_smb_auth.so use_first_pass nolocal

If I remember correctly you wanted to be able to use pam_smb with no unix accounts \
defined?  If I try to authenticate an account with pam_smb using nolocal that does \
not have a matching UNIX account I get a debug message similar to what you reported.  \
Could this be your problem?

I noticed from your previous message that you were running in "mixed" mode -- that \
should work.

Another think to check is to see if you are connecting to a different PDC then the \
one you think you are connecting to.  We know you are connecting to a PDC because \
you're debug shows a successful connection - but nothing says it is the PDC you think \
it is.  Verify that when you ping the PDC using nt-0000 as a hostname that you're \
getting the IP address of the right PDC.  It's a long shot, I know ...

Also, Phillip pointed out to me that the password needs to be less then (I think) 13 \
characters (he may have said 15).  Are you using shorter passwords?  That would fit \
with the problem you're having as well.