List:       pam-smb
Subject:    [Pam_smb] SuSE 8 how to test??
From:       Keith Pettit <kpettit () drgutah ! com>
Date:       2002-06-18 20:19:39

I have suse 8 and I'm using PAM for courier imap,pop,smtp.  I can always
auth system accounts, but when I "*" the /etc/shadow password I can't
login at all.

I've tried every pam config I can think of but nothing works, and I'm
not sure how to do a simple test to see if pam_smb_auth is even working.

Here is what I have in my /etc/pam.d/imap file

auth       required     /lib/security/pam_smb_auth.so
account    required     /lib/security/pam_unix.so
session    required     /lib/security/pam_unix.so

I've tried all sorts of variations but bottom line is, it's not worki8ng
and I don't know why.  I tried getting the sorce and compiling from
scratch a new pam_smb_auth.so but I have the same results.

Any help would be appreciate.

Thanks

Keith