List:       pam-smb
Subject:    Re: [Pam_smb] nsswitch.conf and pam_smb?
From:       <airlied () skynet ! ie>
Date:       2002-05-23 7:56:21

pam_smb is a PAM module not an NSS module, if you want SMB/NSS stuff you
must use winbind from the samba project...
with pam_smb you must have local user information, it only does
authentication nothing else...
in its default mode of operation pam_smb does a local password check first
and then tries the SMB server... so it should do what you want via PAM out
of the box ...
Dave.