List:       pam-smb
Subject:    AW: [Pam_smb] Solaris authentication vs. NT PDC
From:       "Dormeyer, Volker" <Volker.Dormeyer () Dresdner-Bank ! com>
Date:       2001-12-13 11:01:20

Hello,

if you are using pam_smb 1.1.6, the "pamsmbd is not running" message should
not appear. As far as I know pamsmbd is implemented in development version
1.9.x and CVS tree. Are you sure, that it is same pam_smb version on both
solaris 7 and 8?
"pamsmbd" is used for UNIX/Windows user mapping.

regards,
Volker