List:       pam-list
Subject:    Re: Kerberos 5
From:       Nicolas Williams <Nicolas.Williams () ubsw ! com>
Date:       2001-02-27 19:06:19

Ooops, that's Frank Cusack.

And the reasons his is the best PAM_KRB5 I've seen so far are:

 - it handles password aging gracefully:
    - it uses krb5_get_init_creds_password()
    - it has a MIT krb5 <-> PAM prompter function

 - it does NOT use internal MIT krb5 APIs (e.g., the profile library)

 - it's fully configurable via /etc/pam.conf only (Kerberos-specific
   items are configured via /etc/krb5.conf

 - the FreeBSD ports folk have added Heimdal support

Nico

On Tue, Feb 27, 2001 at 12:45:34PM -0500, Nicolas Williams wrote:
> There's many.
>
> Search on Google...
>
> But here's a hint: the best one I've found is Fran Cusack's PAM_KRB5
                                                ^^^^
						Frank

> which you can find on http://www.fcusack.com/. The FreeBSD folks have a
> port that includes some patches which I recommend you apply.

[...]