List:       pam-list
Subject:    pam_pwdb account
From:       Han Holl <jeholl () euronet ! nl>
Date:       1997-02-21 12:01:39

There are two things that could improve the usefulness of
pam_pwdb, account component.

I've seen that the messages for the users are hard coded in the
source: not all our users are fluent in English, and I can imagine
that this is even more a of problem in other parts of the world.

I don't mind English warnings if the user can't do anything about
the condition that's being warned about anyhow (as long as they
understand it's _some_ kind of warning), but users shouldn't have
to consult their system administrator when they are urged to change
their password.

And a lot of our users are put in some kind of menu when they log
in. It's easy to miss warnings that way. An option that a warning
about a password had to be acknowledged somehow (press RETURN ?)
would be very useful.

Han