List:       pam-list
Subject:    Shadow Module for 4.1
From:       Greg Boehnlein damin () seka ! nacs ! net
Date:       1997-02-18 14:14:19

On Tue, 18 Feb 1997, Steve Logue wrote:

> What all is needed to get, and completely setup the Shadow Suite on a
> RedHat 4.1 box in PAM fashion?

I grabbed Christian Gafton's latest Pam, Shadow and Libpwdb stuff from his
website. So far, so good. Please read all the Webpages on the stuff your
installing so that you find out all the Caveats and understand exactly
what you must have. Here's the letter that I received..

(Begin Cristian's Letter)

I have built the RPMs for the latest 'stable' release of the Linux-PAM
project - 0.56. Those of you interested in running the latest, bleeding
edge technology code on their systems can get the RPMs from
ftp://sysadm.sorosis.ro/pub/devel/pam
        or
http://sysadm.sorosis.ro/devel/pam

This release incorporates several fixes over the 0.55 release, if you are
running the devel PAM code you should upgrade.

I have also updated my shadow-utils package - it is more complete than
the one shipped with RH 4.[01], it includes several programs from the
original shadow distribution not found in the official package. Over my
last build, this new version includes now man pages and two new useful
commands: chpasswd and newusers - for changing passwords and adding users
in batch. Available from
ftp://sysadm.sorosis.ro/pub/devel/shadow
        or
http://sysadm.sorosis.ro/devel/shadow

--
      President of New Age Consulting Service, Inc.  Cleveland Ohio
             SLIP/PPP/Unix Shell   28.8k / ISDN / Leased Line