List:       pam-list
Subject:    Re: Linux-PAM for IPv6
From:       Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk () suse ! de>
Date:       2003-11-27 5:24:49

On Thu, Nov 27, Hiroaki Kago wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I want to use ftp, telnet and rlogin in IPv6. Does anyone know
> the plan for supporting IPv6 in Linux-PAM? I use pam-0.75 and
> pam-0.77 on RedHat Enterprise Linux 3.

This has nothing to do with PAM at all, all you need are IPv6
aware ftp, telnet and rlogin applications.
This works fine on SuSE Linux 9.0 and earlier with pam-0.77, so
PAM is ready.
There may be some special PAM modules, which uses IPv4 only
network functions, but I'm not aware of problems with the standard
one.

  Thorsten

--
Thorsten Kukuk       http://www.suse.de/~kukuk/        kukuk@suse.de
SuSE Linux AG        Deutschherrnstr. 15-19        D-90429 Nuernberg