List:       pam-list
Subject:    PAM conversation nightmares!
From:       Allen Van Der Ross <allen () ct ! spi ! co ! za>
Date:       2003-03-10 9:43:34

Hi,

Please help me.

I need to get a conversation function
for a command line program that only
does the following:

if (!root)
	authenticate user with pam_authenticate()

change user's password pam_chauthtok();

All the conv() needs to do is:

- Prompt for the password with a string I specify
  instead of the msg in struct message.
- Read the password (prolly with getpass() too).
- Save the password in a program global
- return to PAM.

I cannot get my scrumblings of code to work,
so if someone could please send me a skeleton
that is working, I will do the necessary.

**PS: When I call pam_start() with my conv(),
does my conv() only get called when I call
pam_chauthtok()? Or can I also call it for
pam_authenticate() - where the program also
interacts with the user?

Thanks,
Allen.